HIKE for Mental Health

Share the joy of hiking. Bring hope to those battling mental illness.

Share the joy of hiking; bring hope to those battling mental illness.
Linda McVey's Fundraising Page
Fundraising Header image
Linda McVey's Fundraising Page

Hiking for Mental Health
Reasons I am hiking for Mental Health.
It's personal and hits close to home. Mental Health has no judgment or discrimination if you're rich or poor. Many people in our lives are suffering from a severe emotional disorder better known as a mental health disorder. Depression sucks, I know because I have depression. I’ve climbed mountains and hiked some of my hardest days of simply getting out of bed. I am hiking because we need to add funding to raise awareness for the people we love and care about to have better success stories and healthier outcomes.

Hiking for Mental Health is as much mental as it is physical. Most days I hike to feel rejuvenated when I am down. Some days you make the peak your destined for, others you turn back around in defeat for another day.

80% of funds raised are pumped into Mental Health research. The other 20% is helped to maintain the trails for people to explore.

Will you help raise funds for Mental Health?

ABOUT 8th Annual Summit Mt Washington

1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.

I chose to join the 8th Annual Summit Mt. Washington HIKE for Mental Health to raise funds for a great cause and reduce the stigma of mental illness.

HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.

Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and to foster responsible use of wilderness trails.

As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikers.

  • 80 cents from every dollar funds programs to alleviate the suffering of mental illness including scientific research to prevent, cure, and treat mental illness
  • 20 cents maintains and preserves wilderness trails

Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.

To learn more, visit www.hikeformentalhealth.org.

To register for a hike yourself, click here.

Supporters
Name Date Amount Comments
  Total $0.00  
Report Abuse Edit My Page