HIKE for Mental Health

Share the joy of hiking. Bring hope to those battling mental illness.

Share the joy of hiking; bring hope to those battling mental illness.
Amanda Moutsoulas's Fundraising Page
Fundraising Header image
Amanda Moutsoulas's Fundraising Page
Fundraising Page Image

All right, folks, it's that time again- I'll be joining Hike For Mental Health on August 24th for the 8th Annual Summit Mt. Washington fundraising hike. Last year's hike raised a total of $23,424. Of the funds raised, 20% go toward wilderness and trail conservation, while the remaining 80% ($54,750 in 2018) go to the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation. You can read more about HFMH and where the money goes here.

If you're reading this, chances are you either experience mental illness yourself, or know someone who has/does. If you'd like to offer support to help fund research and end the stigma, every little bit helps. If you don't wish to donate or are unable, you can still help by spreading the word, or register to hike yourself!

"When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.” - Anonymous

ABOUT 8th Annual Summit Mt Washington

1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.

I chose to join the 8th Annual Summit Mt. Washington HIKE for Mental Health to raise funds for a great cause and reduce the stigma of mental illness.

HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.

Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and to foster responsible use of wilderness trails.

As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikers.

  • 80 cents from every dollar funds programs to alleviate the suffering of mental illness including scientific research to prevent, cure, and treat mental illness
  • 20 cents maintains and preserves wilderness trails

Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.

To learn more, visit www.hikeformentalhealth.org.

To register for a hike yourself, click here.

Supporters
Name Date Amount Comments
Nancy Dexter 06/30/2019 $200.00  
  Total $200.00  
Report Abuse Edit My Page