Dirtbag Hiker's Fundraising Page
Fundraising Header image
Dirtbag Hiker's Fundraising Page
Fundraising Page Image

Greetings Supporters,

I will be thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail northbound starting March 6, 2019. I intend to hike the entire length of the 2,190-mile trail beginning at Springer Mountain in Georgia and ending at Mount Katahdin in Maine. Those are just the markers of a beginning and an ending, a thru-hike is about the journey that takes place between those two points. You can join me on my trip which I will be blogging on my website; http://dirtbaghiker.com Follow the ups, downs, and revelations I experience on this journey there.

I am using my thru-hike to help raise donations for HIKE for Mental Health and to help raise awareness of mental health issues. As a sufferer of severe depression, this is a topic near and dear to me. I hope you’ll join me on this journey and help me meet my goal of raising $1,000. None of the money raised goes to me; 80% goes to help support mental health research, and the remaining 20% goes to support the preservation of wilderness trails. HIKE for Mental Health handles all financial aspects of this fundraiser.

Peace, love, and contentment,
Gerard Saint-Pierre

ABOUT Appalachian Trail

1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.

I chose to make HIKE for Mental Health a part of my Appalachian Trail hike so I can raise funds for a great cause and reduce the stigma of mental illness.

HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.

Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and to foster responsible use of wilderness trails.

As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikers.

  • 80 cents from every dollar funds scientific research to prevent, cure, and treat mental illness
  • 20 cents maintains and preserves wilderness trails

Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.

To learn more, visit www.hikeformentalhealth.org.

To register your own hike with HIKE for Mental Health, click here.

Supporters
Name Date Amount Comments
  Total $0.00  
Report Abuse Edit My Page